Grand Canyon - Rim To Rim
A Preview Of The Hike
I took this picture from Maricopa Point on the south rim, looking north east. The line of sight distance to Cedar Ridge is a little over 3 miles.
Bright Angel Canyon
- The North Kaibab Trail descends from the north rim to the Colorado River in this canyon.
- Part of the South Kaibab Trail follows this ridge on its ascent from the Colorado River to the south rim.
Garden Creek Drainage
- The Bright Angel Trail ascends from the Colorado River to the south rim in this drainage.
- The Colorado River is hidden from view in Granite Gorge.
- The trail to Plateau Point sticks out like a sore thumb doesn't it.